- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the legal framework governing employment relationships and the laws and regulations.
- To equip the participants with the knowledge and skills to comply with labour laws/codes and regulations.
- To provide the participants with practical tools and strategies for addressing problems with labour laws/codes and regulations.
- To equip the participants to prepare compliance checklists and make them competent to perform labour law/codes audits.
- Session I - Labour Laws and Constitution of India
- Session II - Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Session III - Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
- Session IV - Factories Act, 1948
- Session V - Apprentices Act, 1961
- Session VI - Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Session VII - Standing Orders Act
- Session VIII - Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979
- Session IX - Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
- Session X - Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923
- Session XI - Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- Session XII - Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- Session XIII - Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Session XIV - Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- Session XV - Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
- Session XVI - Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Session XVII - Building and Other Construction Workers Act
- Session XVIII - Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Session XIX - Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Session XX - Employment Exchange Act
- Session XXI - Enforceability of Employment Contracts
- Session XXII - New Amendments (Code on Wages/ Code on Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions/ Code on Industrial Relations/Code on Social Security)
Who can attend this program
HR Professionals | HR Students | People Managers | Legal Practitioners | Consultants
- Rs.12,500/- per participants.
- The Cheque / D.D should be drawn in favor of Nirathanka payable at Bangalore. We prefer online payment and our bank account details are given below.
Acc. No : 04862010027661
IFSC Code : CNRB0010486
Canara Bank, Dr. AIT Branch,
You can Deposit/Transfer the amount or send DD/Cheque in favour of Nirathanka.
The faculty is conducting this program on an honorary basis to mobilize the fund for the initiatives of Nirathanka NGO & Namanam Rural Employment Learning Center
The Fern Residency
6/1, Tumkur Main Road, Next to Sparsha Hospital,
10.00 am - 05.00 pm
K. Vittala Rao
B.Sc., B.L., DSSA
Legal & Management Consultant, Bengaluru.
Mr. K Vittala Rao is a Labour Law Expert with over 35 years of work experience in various reputed Companies – Corporate General Manager at Kirloskar Group, General Manager at Escorts Mahale and Goetze Ltd., [Federal Mogul], Triveni Engineering Works Ltd., GKW, John Fowler India Ltd., Gokak Mills as Head of HR & IR.
He has consulting experience for over 15 years in the areas of Labour Law, Compliance Management, Legal Evaluations, Training & Development and advises in the area of Collective Bargaining and Industrial Relations. He has served as a Member on the Contract Labour Advisory Board appointed by the Government of Karnataka and was the Chairman - HR & IR Panels of GMCI and CII.
He conducts workshops on Labour Laws for HR, Legal, & Operational personnel. Designed and successfully organised and conducted, first of its kind, full-time “Advanced Certificate Course in Labour Laws” for HR & Legal fraternity in Corporates on behalf of NHRD - Hosur & Bangalore, NIPM- Karnataka and in some reputed Corporates for HR & Legal Teams.
Nagabhushana K, M.S.W from Bangaluru, university, passed out in the year 1992-93.
Started his carrier with, Kirloskar Electric, and associated with organisations like –Fosroc India, Wipro Ltd, Aksyayapatra ,now, last 12 years have been with SEG Automotive India formerly Bosch Ltd as Dy General Manager – HR.
Publications & Directions:
Establishing social Enterprise - An Organisation for Tribal & Rural youth:
Awards& Accolades: (Few of them to mention)
Shekhar GN., as author Shekhar Ganagaluru is a seasoned agile HR & ER Leader with over two decades of experience in Business and HR functions. He worked with Auma India and SKF India and is presently associated with an Italian Company, Biesse India, as General Manager – HR, ER, Safety & Facility Management. He is a member of Biesse India’s Leadership Team.
Shekhar holds a Master of Social Work degree in Human Resource Management from Bangalore University, an LLB from Karnataka State Law University, and a Diploma in Training and Development from the Indian Institute of Training & Development. During his graduation, we secured the first rank in Economics and Political Science subjects and achieved three gold medals. He was also a first-rank holder with the gold medal in his post-graduation.
In the HR & IR Community, Shekhar Ganagaluru has been identified as Youth HR Icon with his evergreen positive and energetic approach. Most of the union leaders in Bengaluru consider him a Progressive IR Leader. He is the best with his unique strategies to ensure the company's long- term sustainable Industrial Relations Culture. In the year 2022, he received the Top HR Innovator Award from Times Ascent in recognition of his HR Innovative initiatives.
Shekhar is conceptualized, designed, and implemented various initiatives in the areas of Employee Development, Succession Planning, Employee Retention, Performance Management, Competency Development, Employee Compensation & Rewards, Trainee Development & Deployment, Workmen Development, Employee Branding, Employee Engagement & Experience, Leadership Team Development, Employee Cost v/s Output, Industrial Relations, Contract Labour Management, Gig Workforce, Cultural Transformation, etc.,
Shekhar developed about 12 self-assessment personality development tools and delivered many training programs for workmen to the senior management level to support NGOs. His training programs are unique and designed with industry inputs. He authored four books, Badhuku Badalahisidha Kathanagalu and Geluvu in the Kannada Language, 365 Quotes That Will Change The Way You Live & Light, and Leaders Talk in English. Also authored "Safety Quotes - E-Book."
Shekhar worked as General Secretary & Vice-president of the Greater Nelamangala Industries Association and General Secretary of the Bengaluru Social Workers Alumni Association. He is also an HR Advisory Member of the National Safety Council – Karnataka Chapter. He is the founding member of the State-Level HR Kannada Conference.
Shekhar Ganagaluru is a seasoned HR & IR Professional, Author, Motivational Speaker, Storyteller, Mentor, and Social Worker. His identify and brand is BE GREAT.